“RON WAS AMAZING. He told me what to do, what to expect and took care of my case like I was family. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a lawyer they can depend on.”
– Peter Doskey, Healthcare Professional
Herman Law, P.A. is a preeminent criminal law firm defending complex cases and experienced in representing companies and professionals before the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and federal and state courts.
Our firm’s representative clients include:
- Healthcare professionals, including doctors and surgeons
- Pain management clinic (“pill mill”) owners and doctors
- Addiction recovery facility (“sober home”) executives and owners
- Complex commercial real estate investors, venture capitalists, and international real estate entrepreneurs
- High profile professionals, such as executives and administrators in federal, state and local governments and in education
By concentrating on complex, high stakes white collar cases, our practice can provide each client concierge-level service and attention. We understand the sensitive nature of the allegations and help prominent defendants navigate the complex, stressful government investigation process from grand jury to indictment, through plea negotiations and trial.
Ron Herman has extensive courtroom trial experience and has handled more than 150 jury trials during his esteemed career. Ron’s prior experience includes working as a skilled prosecutor in Palm Beach and Broward Counties for over 6 years. At the State Attorney’s Office, Ron was promoted several times to become division Lead of the Felony, DUI, and Domestic Violence Units, and was eventually tapped to be part of the coveted Crimes Against Children Unit (Special Victims Unit or SVU).
Ron is regularly asked to speak at legal seminars and comment in the media about complex criminal matters, including the following recent highlights:
- Quoted in the 2019 New York Times article: “Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Ramps Up His Defense”
- Featured in the Palm Beach Post, providing legal commentary on high profile cases
- One of the three-panel speakers invited to address The Florida Bar Leadership Academy Fellows about criminal law practice
- Organized Continuing Legal Education seminars and delivered opening remarks at the 2019 “Federal and State Criminal Defense” and the 2016 “Federal Criminal Defense” for the Palm Beach County Bar Association Criminal Law Practice Committee
- Co-Chair Criminal Law Section of 2020 Palm Beach County Bench Bar Conference.
- Founder, Herman Law, P.A. Second Chance Scholarship
- Board Member, City of West Palm Beach Water Advisory Board, 2019-2021
- Chair, Florida Bar Grievance Committee 15A 2019; former Co-Chair, Member since 2017
- Co-Chair, Palm Beach County Bar Association Criminal Law Practice Committee
- Chair, Village of Wellington Public Safety Committee 2017-2019; former Vice Chair
- Former Vice-President, Neil S. Hirsch Boys and Girls Club of Wellington
- Recognized as “10 Best” by American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- 2015 South Florida’s Top AV® Rated Lawyers
- 2014 South Florida’s Top AV® Rated Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in Florida’s Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- Palm Beach Country Prosecutor (15th Circuit Assistant State Attorney)
– Selected to coveted Crime Against Children Unit
– Division Lead in the DUI and Domestic Violence Units
- Broward County Prosecutor (17th Circuit Assistant State Attorney)
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Nova Southeastern University Law Center, J.D.
– Moot Court Honor Society, Board of Editors
– Public Service Summer Fellowship
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A.
– Sigma Phi Epsilon, Executive Board
– Parliament of Owls, National Alumni Honor Society
Ron is married to another attorney, Yelizaveta “Liz” Batres Herman, who works at the County Attorney’s Office, and they both enjoy giving back to the community and serving in leadership roles with various organizations. Ron enjoys working out and trying out new High Intensity Interval Training routines, as well as pushing his luck in Tough Mudder competitions. After a long work out, he likes to indulge in his other interest — trying out new craft brews.