Local law enforcement agencies, state prosecutors and federal agencies in Florida have invested a great deal of energy, effort and resources into the “war on drugs,” particularly when it comes to the importation and trafficking of drugs. If you are facing drug trafficking charges, you need an aggressive drug crime lawyer fighting hard to protect your rights and your freedom.
At Herman Law, P.A., you are getting far more than your average criminal defense attorney, you benefit from working with a former prosecutor with over 15 years of experience in criminal law.
What sets Attorney Herman apart from the rest?
- He defends individuals against state and federal drug charges.
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®Law Directory.
- Selection in Florida’s Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠.
- He has been featured on Channel 5, Fox News, and in the Palm Beach Post.
Florida’s Drug Trafficking Laws
Drug trafficking is criminalized under Section 893.135 of the Florida Statutes. Under this Section, it is illegal to knowingly sell, purchase, manufacture, deliver, or bring into Florida, or be in actual constructive possession of more than 25 pounds of cannabis, or 300 or more cannabis plants, which is a felony of the first degree.
Additional trafficking charges, include:
- If the cannabis was in excess of 25 pounds, but less than 2,000 ponds, or more than 300 cannabis plants, but not more than 2,000 plants: the defendant will be sentenced to a minimum of three years in prison and shall be ordered to pay a $25,000 fine.
- If 2,000 pounds or more, but less than 10,000 pounds, or between 2,000 and 10,000 cannabis plants: the defendant faces a mandatory term of imprisonment of 7 years and a mandatory $50,000 fine.
- If 10,000 pounds or more, or 10,000 or more cannabis plants: the defendant shall be sentenced to a mandatory term of imprisonment for 15 years and shall be ordered to pay a $200,000 fine.
Cocaine trafficking involving 28 grams of cocaine, but less than 150 kilograms is a felony of the first degree. Depending upon the amount involved, the defendant faces between 3 years and life imprisonment, and fines ranging between $50,000 and $250,000.
Trafficking morphine, opium, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphine are felonies of the first degree, known as “trafficking in illegal drugs,” punishable by 3 years to life imprisonment and up to $500,000 in fines.
Contact Herman Law, P.A. today!
If you are facing drug trafficking charges, your entire future hinges on the quality of your defense! You cannot afford to waste another minute, contact Herman Law, P.A. to find out which legal strategies we would employ in your defense. Our West Palm Beach defense attorneys are on your side and we will fight vigorously to protect your freedom and your future!