Ron D. Herman
Ron D. Herman earned his bachelor's degree from Florida Atlantic University and his juris doctorate degree from Nova Southeastern University Law Center. Attorney Herman launched his legal career by accepting a position working as an Assistant State Attorney in Ft. Lauderdale.
During his tenure as a prosecutor, Attorney Herman gained a wealth of experience serving in a coveted Crime Against Children Unit and as a division lead in the DUI and Domestic Violence Units. After working in the trenches, Attorney Herman ultimately left the prosecutor's office to pursue his true passion, defending the criminally accused against the imperfect criminal justice system and zealously protecting clients' rights under the Florida and U.S. Constitutions.
Attorney Herman practices state and federal criminal defense and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern, and Middle Districts of Florida, as well as the United States Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Attorney Herman has extensive courtroom trial experience and has handled more than 150 jury trials throughout his esteemed career. As a
former prosecutor who has spent years sharpening his courtroom skills, he is widely regarded by his peers, local prosecutors and judges alike. He has built his reputation on successfully navigating some of the most serious cases and specializes in defending clients accused of sex crimes, such as sexual battery (rape, date rape), lewd and lascivious offenses, sex crimes against children, child pornography (possession and distribution), solicitations of minors, as well as prostitution and related crimes. In each case that he handles, Attorney Herman fully commits himself to securing the best possible outcome for his clients, and he treats every client as his top priority.
Professional Accomplishments & Industry Recognition
Professional Speaking Engagements
- One of three panel speakers invited to address The Florida Bar Leadership Academy Fellows
- Presenter of "Cases Involving Sexual Abuses and Child Witnesses," a Continuing Legal Education Luncheon hosted by Palm Beach County Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Featured speaker for "Sealing Criminal Records" Workshop at The Lords Place, hosted by Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Served as a panelist at a CLE seminar discussing the Goodman Case, hosted by Nova Southeastern University
- Taught Adult Civic Education to the Palm Beach Rotary Club, hosted by the Palm Beach County Bar Association Law Related Education Committee
- Career Day Presenter, Pleasant City Elementary School (Title I School)
- "Federal Criminal Defense" Seminar- Opening Remarks
Community Involvement and Leadership Activities
- Florida, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Nova Southeastern University Law Center, J.D.
- Moot Court Honor Society, Board of Editors
- Public Service Summer Fellowship
- Florida Atlantic University, B.A.
- Sigma Phi Epsilon, Executive Board
- Parliament of Owls, National Alumni Honor Society